Spring 2020: The Stories We Tell
- What historical era appeals to you? Why are you drawn there, rather than elsewhere?
- What stories are part of the ordinary inheritance that you’ve received from your family? What stories will you tell your children?
- What is the distinction between memory and history? Truth and history? How do these lines implicate your own life? Your community’s?
- What would you like to forget?
- How do your perceptions of the past shape your understanding of what’s possible (or likely) in your future? In your community’s? Your country’s?
- Learning from history is as important as it is delicate. What analogs do you find consistently overused, and what lessons do you think we need to pay more attention to?
- Where do you see collective history-making occurring with grace and holy progress? Are there any institutions involved? If so, which ones?