Home › Patron FAQ
Comment is published by Cardus, a registered Canadian charity and USA 501(c)(3). Our project exists to promote public theology for the common good.
We do not survive on advertisements, and our subscriptions are priced for cost recovery only.
Rather, we thrive only with the support of visionaries who will invest in our efforts. When you invest in Comment as a patron, you’re not just investing in a magazine that is singing to the choir. You are joining a chorus that sings in the hope that those outside the sanctuary can hear us. And I hope we’re singing beautifully enough that they want to.
Who Supports Comment?
Cardus, the publisher of Comment, gains income from three distinct streams. First, as a charity we rely on the gifts of private donors, foundations, and other charities to make the majority of our work.
Second, we’ve cultivated expertise and people are willing to pay for it. Research and consulting fees are used to fund our research, offset fundraising costs, and support infrastructure.
We are proud to own our own building, a leased portion of which generates rental income. This along with subscriptions, ticket sales, and products bought on cardus.ca is classified as “other income”.
Where Would My Money Go?
As a research organization, program costs are most visible under our talent spending. Researchers and operations staff work together to conceptualize, structure, and deliver.
Project & event costs cover a wide range of non-staffing costs related to the business of think tanking. It’s payment for surveys, it’s hosting public lectures and launch events. It’s printing, distributing and promoting multiple publications across Canada and the US. And every year we’re getting better at it.
Building & utilities reflects the investment in our head office, a historic stone building in central Hamilton.
Overhead & administration is the dark horse of charitable budgets. Overhead’s not sexy. But we pay attention to this sort of thin and seek to balance wise investment with efficient use of scarce resources.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I become a donor?
- We accept donations online, by mail, and by phone. You can also become a monthly donor or a Comment Patron.
- What is a Comment Patron?
- Please click here for more information on patronage
- What methods of payment do you accept?
- Cardus accepts Visa, Mastercard, and cheques. In addition, monthly donors have the option of automated debited payments.
- How should I make out the cheque?
- Cheques can be made payable to Cardus and mailed to 185 Young St., Hamilton, ON, L8N 1V9
- Did you get my donation?
- Donations made online and by phone are processed immediately. Donations made by mail are processed within 1-2 weeks of receiving the gift, please keep in mind that we typically allow 1-2 weeks for the mail to reach us.
- When will I get my tax receipt?
- Printed tax receipts for gifts of $20 or greater are issued on January 31st of the following year. Please allow 1-2 weeks for the mail.
- I lost my tax receipt. Can I get a duplicate mailed to me?
- Yes. You can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call our office at (888)339-8866 x29 toll-free in Canada, or (905)528-8866 x29.
- Where can I learn more about your financials?
- Click here to view the most recent Cardus Annual Report, and find our audited statements.
- How can I be in touch with you?
- You can send us an email at email@example.com or you can call our office at (888)339-8866 x29 toll-free in Canada, or (905)528-8866 x29
- What is your charitable status?
- “The Cardus Institute” is a Canadian charity (no. 11892 9207 RR 0001). In the United States, “Cardus, Inc.” is a designated Exempt organization under section 501(c)(3), classified as a Public Charity (ID no. 20-2324150).
Meet our Development Team
Do you have questions about patronage, sponsorships, or other fundraising-related topics? If so, please be in touch with any of the members of our development team and they’ll be happy to assist you with your queries.
Senior Director, Philanthropy and Finance
Phone: 905-528-8866 x122
185 Young St. Hamilton, ON L8N 1V9
Phone: 905-528-8866 x137
Phone: 905-528-8866 x130