Helping people live together at their best
Founded in 1974, Cardus is an independent think tank located in the heart of Canada.
We work toward a healthy society.
We focus on
- Human dignity,
- Strong families,
- Religious freedom,
- Formative education, and
- Healthy communities
- Everyone believes something about what life is for, and about how we should live together.
- Everyone should contest for their views of how we should live together, as long as we are peaceful and respectful.
- How we decide to live together matters, for how the vulnerable are supported, how power is exercised, and how people flourish with dignity and purpose.
- We don’t have all the answers. We will sometimes be wrong.
And so we try to be
- Hospitable: promoting the highest standards of civility and respect
- In Dialogue: acting in good faith, seeking what you can teach us
- Excellent: imaginative, entrepreneurial, persistent, diligent
- In Service: to leaders, and through leaders
- Hopeful: committed to truth