Work With Us
We continue to look for dynamic contributors to join our ever growing team. See below for a full listing of the current positions available with our organization.
Do you have questions? Please do not hesitate to contact us today.
We are currently looking to add two Senior Researchers to our team. We are looking for creative thinkers, networkers, and researchers with expertise and interest in social policy.
We particularly seek those with first-hand knowledge of education policy and practice, as well as those with an understanding of Canadian religious freedom issues and how they
relate to public faith.
WHY WORK AT CARDUS?
Cardus exists to promote a flourishing society.
We seek to promote that flourishing by strengthening our common understanding of how we work justly, how we live peaceably in our communities, how we learn well in our schools, how our families thrive, and how our laws support foundational freedoms.
Cardus publishes rigorous, independent, non-partisan research for the purpose we all share—a just and good society.
So, What’s it Like to Work at Cardus?
Let’s get one thing clear: We take our work seriously. We do not take ourselves too seriously.
- How many puns do you think you can handle? You will be subjected to 10x that
- We often get staff from both offices together for boat trips, board game nights, and socials
- If you drink tea, you may get made fun of. If you do not drink tea, you may get made fun of
We work from beautiful, heritage offices.
- In 2009, we purchased and renovated 135-year-old stone building on Young Street in Hamilton’s Corktown neighbourhood
- In 2015, we leased and renovated the 7th floor of a 105-year-old historic building at the corner of Rideau Street and Sussex Drive in Ottawa, three doors down from Parliament’s Centre Block
A little snapshot of us:
- Incorporated in 1974
- Headquartered in Hamilton since 2005
- $4.7M budget (2018)
- 8 pots of coffee consumed each day across both offices*
- 1 stash of cat collectibles hidden in one of the offices
- 0 in-office squash courts or pools, but we can dream
- 2,600 attendees of Cardus events (2017)
*this is a bare minimum estimate